Did you know that according to the Kentucky Traffic Collision Facts 2010 Report that the economic cost of Kentucky traffic collisions in 2010 was $2,031,733,700 ($2.0 billion)?
Did you know that the comprehensive cost of Kentucky traffic collisions in 2010 was $5,631,894,300 ($5.6 billion)?
Everyday there are car crashes throughout Kentucky and the world. The causes of a Louisville car accident generally vary from being distracted while driving to not having enough time to react to situations that occur on the road and everything in between.
The U.S. Census Bureau reported that in 2009 there was 10.8 million motor vehicle accidents across the entire country, which was, up from 10.2 million the year prior.
In Kentucky alone the Kentucky State Police stated there were 147,760 total reported collisions in 2009 and a total of 150,517 in 2010. In 2010 the following types of collisions were reported on public roads in Kentucky:
- 694 Fatal Collisions
- 24,762 Nonfatal Injury Collisions
- 102,000 Property Damage Only Collisions
- 127,456 Total Reported Collisions
Car crashes affect the lives of those involved and the lives of others. They can change your life forever. Use these 3 tips to prevent a car crash:
- Scan the road – Always keep your eyes on the road and be scanning the road and surrounding areas. Watch the traffic and cars in front of you as well as the traffic behind and to the side of you. Also watch for pedestrians, other users of the road, and for objects or people darting out from behind parked vehicles.
- Watch your blind spots – Ensure your side and rear view mirrors are adjusted and in place so you are able to see your surroundings. This will help to minimize your blind spots but always shoulder check before changing lanes or turning the corner.
- Maintain your car – Keep your car in top running condition by getting regularly scheduled maintenance checks. Also ensure your tires are suitable for the road conditions and they are not too worn.
Schedule your free initial consultation to discuss your case with Richard Breen Law Offices at 2950 Breckenridge Lane Suite 3, Louisville, KY 40220 if you are in a car accident. You can call at 502-473-0579.
This article is provided as an information resource and is not intended to replace advice from a qualified legal professional. In all cases, contact your legal professional for advice on any matter referenced in this document before making any decisions.