Personal Injury Attorneys handle all different kinds of cases. In some cases, potential clients are unsure as to whether they needed an attorney, or if they should let insurance companies alone negotiate on their behalf. Here are five situations where finding a Louisville Personal Injury Attorney to represent you is highly recommended:
- Long-Term or Permanently Disabling Injuries: If your Louisville accident causes injuries that drastically impact your physical abilities for a year or longer, if not permanently, it is advised that you seek out the professional advice of a Personal Injury Attorney.It is difficult to figure out how much compensation you should seek for your injury due to the many factors to be taken into consideration, such as your ability to continue/resume employment, your ability to drive or care for your loved ones, if the injury requires special retrofits to your home, or if you need to relocate due to your injuries – these all need to be weighed. An experienced Personal Injury Attorney will be able to review all of these factors and file your claim based on this information.
- Severe Injuries: There is a range of compensation that is based on the severity of your injuries. As the severity increases, the range widens. A Louisville Personal Injury Attorney will be able to handle your claim such that they seek the top end of that range.
- Medical Malpractice: This type of injury can result from the careless treatment from a doctor, clinic, lab, hospital, nurse, or any other medical care provider. A Louisville Personal Injury Attorney is highly advised in these cases due to the medical information that needs to be compiled, and these types of cases tend to be more complex.
- Toxic Exposure: This area of Personal Injury is evolving as the impact of the chemicals around us continues to increase, and at times, cause injury. Expert help is highly recommended due to the difficulty in obtaining information about the possible exposures to contaminants in our environment (air, soil, and water) or in products or food, and the complexity of the data as a whole.
- Negotiations with Insurance companies: Sometimes following a Louisville personal injury, there is a lack of a fair settlement being offered from either the insurance company or governmental agencies involved in your injury. You may be able to increase your settlement with the assistance of a Personal Injury Attorney.
When trying to determine whether it’s in your best interest to hire a Louisville Personal Injury Attorney for your claim, its best to seek out an initial consultation with an attorney to determine what the best next steps for you should be. Although there are fees associated with hiring an attorney to represent you, this is often offset by the increased settlement that an experienced professional can achieve in your favor.
Schedule your free initial consultation to discuss your case with your Louisville Personal Injury Attorney, Richard Breen Law Offices at 2950 Breckenridge Lane Suite 3, Louisville, KY 40220 if you are in a car accident. You can call at 502-473-0579.